McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Technology Solutions provides software, services and consulting to hospitals, physician offices, imaging centers, home health care agencies and payors. We also provide interactive connectivity services that streamline clinical, financial and administrative communication between patients, providers, payors, pharmacies and financial institutions. Our solutions are designed to improve patient safety, reduce the cost and variability of care, improve health care efficiency and better manage revenue streams and resources.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Technology Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Currently seeking a Staff Accountant. Core competencies include, but not limited to:
- Drives Execution- demonstrates personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives.
- Decisiveness & Judgment – selects clear and sometimes bold choices from among complex alternatives in a timely, but fact-based manner.
- Mature Confidence – demonstrates self-awareness, and manages his or her emotions in the face of controversy, while staying focused on larger goals.
- Influences Others – promotes ideas and proposals persuasively, shaping people’s opinions.
- Innovative Mindset – generates and delivers innovative solutions in work situations.
- Customer Orientation – ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
- Builds Collaboration- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work and business goals.
- Technical Accounting Knowledge – demonstrates knowledge of and applies relevant US GAAP, emerging accounting and finance issues, other applicable or emerging regulation standards, and corporate governance requirements.
- Finance & Accounting Systems & Processes – demonstrates knowledge of the financial systems throughout the organization.
- Planning & Organizing Skills – effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
- Communication Skills – communicates effectively through oral or written means.
- Functions as a Business Partner – understands the internal and external issues facing business unit clients and uses that understanding to forge partnerships and achieve goals.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Third Party Royalty Validation – This person will be responsible for validating that third party royalty and maintenance invoices/payments are accurate, reflect executed McKesson contracts, represent active and paying McKesson customers, and are processed for approval and payment on a timely basis. Validation process may include creating/validating third party royalty reports and submitting them to MTS business partners in accordance with the applicable contract terms and requirements. This individual will work directly with MTS business partners to resolve reporting and /or invoice issues. This individual will liaise with Revenue Accounting, A/R, Business Units and Finance to ensure appropriate MTS customer validation for business partner reporting and that appropriate payment accruals have been recorded. This person will also provide internal/external reporting support and internal/external audit support
- Royalty Expense Deferral/Calculation – This person will be responsible to calculate accurate third party royalty expense deferral and recognition, and ensuring proper accruals for month end close. Will also ensure that accurate third party royalty expense calculations are entered into SAP throughout the month in a timely manner. Will be able to work with Finance and the BU to provide analysis and reporting of accounting data related to royalties. This person will also provide assistance with project work and/or ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Third Party Royalty Process Development – This person will assist Supervisor, Royalty Accounting in assessing the existing processes, to improve accuracy and efficiency and may be asked to work with Business Development to assess potential new vendor agreements and/or amendments.
- Policies & Procedures – develop, implement, and maintain systems, procedures and policies to ensure proper internal control and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including periodic controls documentation updates and controls self-assessment testing.
- This position regularly interacts with financial and business analysts as well as external MPT Business Partner contacts.
- Travel requirement is <10%.
2+ years accounting experience
- Minimum 1 year in an accounting close, royalty, sales commission, or revenue recognition role
- Excellent communication skills with exposure to working with both internal and external partners
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with SAP, TM-1 and/or similar platforms preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and/or Access experience preferred
- Revenue – experience working in a revenue related function, and experience with revenue recognition in a software/technology environment (ASC 985-605 Revenue Recognition – Software, ASC 605-25 Multiple element arrangements, and ASC 605-35 Construction-type and production-type contracts) is a plus
- System Evaluations & Conversions – experience with evaluating systems for upgrade and/or replacement, as well as experience with converting general ledger systems is a plus.
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
CPA track preferred
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
A little about us:
You’re mission driven and so are we. Your military experience aligns to open jobs at McKesson, and we need you to help deliver our mission of helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.