Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Staff Accountant. What You’ll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management
- Prepare journal entries
- Process inter-company / divisional transactions
- Verify validity of monthly allocations
- Review and approve coding of operating expenses
- Examine channel partner payment adjustments and post audit claims
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost efficient operation.
Controls and Compliance
- Insures full compliance with MEI and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Conduct initial internal control evaluations
- Investigate, resolve or report to the accounting manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Identify and research account discrepancies
- Verify inter-company assessments
- Define and post reclass entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts and correct journal entries
- Perform accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to: Balance sheet accounts, Expense and salary accruals, Department expense analysis, Prepaid and insurance, Employee relocations, travel advances, etc
- Assist in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Prepare cash flow forecast and other ad-hoc requests .
Budgeting and Reporting
Qualifications: What You'll Bring:
- Prepare financial reports and related statements, charts, tables and other exhibits
- Assist in budget / forecast preparation #LI-GW1
Education and Experience
- Applies advanced knowledge normally acquired by obtaining a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or concentration in Accounting required.
- Generally has a minimum of 2 years cumulative accounting experience.
What We Offer:
- Major Strengths: Learning, Thinking and Passion→Results
- Other Key Strengths: revenue recognition, accruals, reserves, liabilities
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.