About the Opportunity
As a Staff Accountant at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on accuracy and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you will join our Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Shelton, CT, and report to the Manager - North America General Ledger Group. You will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the processes and analytics that will ensure that the books and records of the Company are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
• Preparing accurate analyses of transactions, current and past trend reports supporting monthly activity that will ensure the accuracy of financial statements for various business units and functions within the Company.
• Various accounting projects that will require a general level of knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and practices, and a general understanding of the overall accounting practices.
• Work with External and Internal Auditors, as well as our SOX Compliance team, to provide necessary support documentation for their monthly/quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• A minimum of 3 years of prior accounting experience supporting a global organization.
• Strong PC skills to include Excel, Word and Access
• General knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices.
• General knowledge of accounting reconciliations and journal entry preparation
• Strong initiative and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous experience using SAP.
• A four-year Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
• Public Accounting experience with a Big 4 not required, but a plus.
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.