Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America (PESNA), a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, provides a full range of energy efficiency building solutions, including assembly tools, construction tools, heating & air conditioning, solar panels and ventilation products for professional and industrial use. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report.
Currently, PESNA has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant
Conducts assignments involving various accounting projects. Requires a broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, and knowledge of P&L analysis and accounting analysis preparation.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management:
- Prepare journal entries to record monthly accounting activity
- Record month-end inter-company /divisional transactions relating to the various PESNA sales companies.
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Manage and lead the preparation of the quarterly bonus payment process
- Record accounting treatment of rebate and price protection transactions.
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts
- Providing monthly sales reports to business divisions
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation, including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost efficient operation.
- Preparation of monthly reporting packages to management.
Controls and Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with Parent Company and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Ensures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience.
- Conduct initial internal control evaluations.
- Follow established accounting policies and procedures
- Control month end general ledger interface process.
- Provide necessary audit support to both internal and external auditors
- Identify, research, and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Assist in inquiries made by business partners and other accounting areas
- Verify inter-company transactions
- Define and post re-class entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts and post correcting journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet variance analyses What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Knowledgeable, organized, and detail oriented individual, with a BA/BS degree preferred.
- Three to Five years of accounting experience.
- Strong competencies in Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Willing to travel for training. Problem-Solving:
- Fact-finding and analyses are critical parts of the job.
- Analysis requires assembling facts and evidence from a variety of sources, both internal and external, using considerable latitude in applying the proper analytical methodology.
- Ability to create solutions by drawing on formal education, work experience, and outside resources. Communications:
- Provide frequent, and at times complex, explanation of reconciliation findings to manager Key competencies:
- Major strengths: Learning, Thinking, and Passion-Results
- Other key strengths: Accruals, Reserves, Liabilities What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.