More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This is a Finance position responsible for performing and supporting the daily accounting activities as well as supporting activities in all other departments in an operating company. The position is in place at SUS companies but is not in place inSAP operating companies. The position supports the Finance Manager and CFO. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the operating company management team to enable them to make timely and accurate decisions. Analyze the data and provide feedback to management teams
- Interact with the SBS accounting team to ensure journal entries are performed accurately and timely. Provide documentation to the SBS team on a timely basis
- Interact with the SBS accounting team to ensure reconciliations are accurate and performed timely
- Manage the sales tax process, fuel tax filings, licensing requirements, 1099 tax, and other daily activities in conjunction with all other departments in the operating company
- Interact with the operating company accounting team to support processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Vendor Claims and Inventory Control
- Assist the CFO in the annual self-assessment audit process. Assist throughout the year on continuous process improvement
Education and / or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 years' experience in a financial or accounting role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Data base programming experience preferred
- A strong work ethic and a team player attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.