Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Staff Accountant.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible for assisting with the processing, accounting, reconciliations, analysis and reporting of transactions related to Accounts Payable Operations
- Responsible for estimating cost, supporting analysis and reporting
- Develop and maintain accurate cost standards which properly reflect operations
- Manage SAP system to ensure efficient and accurate processing of costing transactions as well as informational reporting of profitability factors
- Manage all aspects of the data used to determine product cost including material, labor, and overhead etc.
- Provide data analysis/data mining for areas of cost accounting and operational functions
- Work with operations to facilitate organizational understanding of profitability factors
- Assist with monthly closing
- Provide proactive analysis and support to the accounting team
- Support internal and external audit activities Ad-Hoc:
- Any other related task assigned in the Accounting Department to help with workloads as appropriate and to ensure work is completed timely and accurately
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent degree
- 3 years of accounting or cost analysis work experience
- Experience with SAP system in a manufacturing company
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to review and identify accurate data entry, correcting and monitoring data entry issues
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and exhibit professionalism in all interactions Competencies:
- Ability to use Excel’s various formulas
- Flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities
- Anticipate client needs and react to them before they are raised
- Must have strong work ethics, professional attitude, reliable
- Interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment and to be flexible in changing work priorities Communications:
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, business community and employee Other Requirements:
- The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.