Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday is seeking a highly skilled Staff Accountant who wants to make their mark on a growing organization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-pace environment. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Revenue /Accounting Manager and provides core accounting support to the Finance Operations Team. To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to manage multiple deadlines, have strong analytical skills, be detail oriented and display a high level of organizational skills.JOB TASK DESCRIPTIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform account reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts.
- Month end responsibilities; including accrual and reclass journal entries.
- Provide accounting support to all of the Finance Operations Teams.
- Investigate and resolve accounting queries.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Four or more years of accounting experience required, preferably in a General Ledger accounting group.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliation preparation experience required.
- Accounting / Finance degree required.
- Strong computer skills are necessary, including Excel.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Customer service focused and solution oriented.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.