About the Role
Output Solutions Division of Fiserv (FOS) is seeking an Accountant in Stafford, Texas reporting to Accounting Manager. The position is based in Stafford TX at one of our major production and administrative facilities. The Accountant will work in close partnership with FOS Business Accounting (BA) and FOS business leadership to drive profitable business growth and to provide strong general ledger accountability as well as other special projects as assigned.
This position will be responsible for managing the general ledger close, revenue recognition and analysis for assigned product lines, general accounting, and preparation of standard and non-standard balance sheet account reconciliations as it pertains to the FOS operations. The Accountant will be relied upon to offer excellent quantitative analysis, qualitative business judgment and to build strong relationships with key decision makers and peers within FOS and across Fiserv business units.
About our Business:
Output Solutions Division currently employs approximately 2,000 associates across eight major U.S. facilities and is a key element of the Output Solutions Division of Fiserv, Inc., a publicly-owned technology services company with annual revenues in excess of $5 billion and over 14,000 clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and end products, coordinate an internal review of general ledger details, develop and execute action plans, and partner with the Accounting Manager in order to:
- Prepare and upload journal entries in both localized and SAP general ledger accounting systems and manage the process to ensure completeness, accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
- Manage and maintain multiple general ledger account reconciliations among multiple business units.
- Ensure general ledger is accurately maintained and managed within GAAP and Fiserv policy.
- Communicate and work closely with various functional departments and peers within FOS with adherence to Division, Group and Corporate guidance and timelines.
- Work directly with internal and external auditors for both financial and SOX audits.
- Prepare periodic ad hoc project and reporting support for internal and external customers.
- Develop, maintain, and improve processes to ensure integrity of our financial statements.
- Successfully implement and execute annual individual and business objectives.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in accounting, finance, or equivalent field.
Certifications: (If applicable)
Job Related Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this position is an accomplished accountant with experience providing accounting support for a $100M+ business within a large or multi-division organization.
- Extensive knowledge of general ledger, internal controls and US GAAP requirements.
- Candidates should have a strong accounting and analysis background. In addition to strong technical skills, candidates must possess outstanding business acumen, the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to partner effectively with and influence decision makers.
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Prior experience working with SAP or other ERP business systems would be highly attractive.
- Experience working for software, technology, manufacturing, or other services companies a plus.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite of business software including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of applicable senior level accounting experience
Additional Skills/Knowledge: (Optional)
- In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Intellect and business judgment - This individual will exhibit the intellect and sound business judgment to make decisions in the best interest of the business.
- Executing for results - Candidates must demonstrate a bias for results. Persistence in pursuit of objectives is essential. This Accountant must have the ability and the willingness to dive deeply into the general ledger to understand the root cause of issues. Once issues have been identified, this position must communicate findings and recommendations to management, exhibiting good judgment and decision making capability. Once a decision is made, possess the ability to execute for desired results.
- Solid analytical skills – She/he must exhibit strong analytical skills and a structured approach to matters in question. Candidates must exhibit a broad understanding of the entire accounting function.
- Interpersonal acumen – The successful candidate will possess unquestionable personal and professional ethics and a sense of flexibility and initiative are essential to the success of this role.
No more than 15% travel is required.
A little about us: