Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Application Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Ft. Meyers
The Oracle EBS Finance Functional Lead will join our implementation and client service delivery team working on a highly visible multi-generation Oracle Financials implementation project in support of GE's Corporate Strategic Initiatives. The incumbent serves as direct adviser to functional process owners to define and implement Oracle Ledger, Receivables, Payables, Assets, Cash Management for global usage. S/he will identify/gather business requirements, design, implement solutions.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our implementation and client service delivery team working on a highly visible multi-generation Oracle Financials implementation project in support of GE's Corporate Strategic Initiatives. In this role s/he will partner with the business and our technical and functional teams to identify simplification and standardization opportunities, gather business requirements, design, implement solutions and provide world-class client-centric service/support. The incumbent serves as direct advisor to functional process owners. S/he translates/prioritizes regional business requirements into detailed functional specifications and manages change requests. Assists business in determining which requirements can/should be automated and how to integrate them with ERP processes.
* Work with a team of Oracle functional and technical experts in implementation and support of Central Corporate Ledger
* Provide direction and subject matter expertise for Oracle Financials
* Partner with finance/operations leaders and users to evaluate and improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions
* Design and implement solutions for Central Corporate ledger to drive consolidation, simplification, and standardization, while delivering productivity gains and cost out
* Perform and supervise configurations of Oracle Financials/I2C for Central Corporate Ledger implementation
* Conduct requirement gathering, conference room pilot and user acceptance testing sessions
* Develop functional requirements documentation
* Implement project plans, managing daily activities, regular communication, ensuring quality of deliverables and adherence to compliance standards
* Lead team members and work product delivery on/offshore
* Address client requested and system driven production support matters to ensure timely issue resolution, high system availability and the financial close & shipments/billings meet service levels.
* Contribute to the operations procedures library and project lifecycle documentation
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management or other related field, OR (a Minimum 10 years of relevant IT work experience)
* Minimum 8 years of experience with Oracle ERP systems with proven track of Oracle Financials/I2C/B2P implementation projects
* Minimum 8 years of experience implementing / supporting Oracle GL, AR, AP, FA, CM modules
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Familiar with meeting SOX audit and application control/integrity requirements and creating SDLC/compliance documentation
* Finance/Accounting and/or Technology background or similar experience
* Expertise in Oracle Financials release 12 General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Assets, Cash Management, Sub-ledger accounting and eBTax modules
* Working knowledge of SCM modules a plus
* Must be a Self-starter and able to think "outside the box" when developing simplification solutions and creating IT value
* Strong interpersonal and technology leadership skills, multi-lingual preferred
* Positive attitude and confidence in working with high profile initiatives
* Detail oriented with superior organizational skills
* Must be able to work well in a dynamic fast-paced team environment, building strong relationships and gaining credibility
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and maintain customer focus
* Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
* Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, supports and drives change and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.