The Staff Assistant provides administrative support to the Warminster in achieving and continuously improving upon superior HSSE (No Accidents, No Harm to People, No Damage to the Environment), customer service, and Cost objectives. The Staff Assistant has the primary responsibility for payroll, tracking manufacturing data, reporting, handling accounts receivables / payables, office management, planning employee functions, and general support for the staff.Key accountabilities
- Manages plant payroll and vacation accounting.
- Performs plant accounts receivable and payable functions, including the expense budget, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Manages metric reporting for the plant, including the MOR generation, with particular emphasis on financial reporting.
- Provides office support for plant personnel
- Maintains personnel records for all plant personnel.
- Provides reception and security function for plant visitors.
- Maintains emergency notification numbers and phone systems.
- Maintains plant files (i.e. accounts payable, capital expenditures, personnel, etc.) and office supplies.
- Manages the office supply budget and associated accounts.Coordinates payment of HSSE awards and other special payments.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Must have High School Education, associate's degree preferred
- Must have PC skills: Excel spreadsheet, MS Word documents, Access database, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and other peripherals such as Flatbed Scanner, CD Burner, etc.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Must have ability to plan and effectively communicate (both written and verbal) with all personnel in the plant and in support organizations (such as headquarters and other plants).
- Must have good organization skills and is systematic, results-oriented, and has the flexibility required to handle unplanned events
- Must respond both quickly and effectively in critical situations involving plant personnel issues and concerns.
- Must have good reading/comprehension skills.
- Must be skilled in typing and word processing.Must have expertise in file management and control.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- This role will have multiple requests and deadlines to meet so the selected individual should be able to prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Prior IT experience preferred
- Should have Access data base programming and /or management skills
- Should have data analysis skills to perform research and facilitate metric improvement
- Should have contract negotiation skills to allow for 'full charge' management of plant service and supply vendors
- Should have ability to identify and develop innovative solutions to business challenges.
NoIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Lubricants aspires to be the best branded marketer in the global lubricants industry. We focus on creating superior value for our customers and consumers, through differentiated lubricants and related products, backed by excellent services and people, in an efficient and safe operation. We offer a wide range of lubricant products and services for the consumer, commercial, marine and industrial markets. Our brand portfolio includes Castrol, Veedol, Aral and BP, each backed by our commitment to high performance and leading-edge technology.
In the US, BP Lubricants has a well established reputation for innovation in our product offerings and go-to-market approach. Our premium, high performance engine oils are category leaders and we work closely with our channel partners to maintain and grow our business in a mutually beneficial manner.Segment
[ "24-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.