WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION?
The staff attorney for our complex litigation team will be part of a unique team responsible for providing top quality representation to Hartford insureds in litigated matters for some of our most complex and high exposure product liability, premises operations, auto, general liability and construction injury liability matters. The attorney will provide legal support to our complex litigation trial attorneys and be accountable for performing assigned tasks including, but not limited to, drafting pleadings, dispositive motions (E.G., motions for summary judgment, demurrers, motions to strike, etc), discovery motions, and document reviews, taking depositions, conducting discovery, appearing in Court, attending conferences, conducting legal research, meeting with expert witnesses, and assisting with trial and mediation. An understanding of the tripartite relationship, a commitment to providing a high level of customer service and detailed reporting to claim center personnel is critical to succeeding in this role. The candidate must have superior organization skills, legal writing skills, the ability to think strategically and a strong desire to be challenged in all aspects of their responsibilities. Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school
- License to practice in the state of California required
- 3 plus years' experience in insurance defense
- Exemplary writing skills
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is based in downtown Los Angeles.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD