The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team is looking for a Staff Author for Creative Pro who will create effective and engaging online training content for beginner, intermediate, and advanced practitioners of graphic design and other related topics. This position requires a deep understanding and working knowledge of both the software and skills required for a professional in this field, as well as a passion for teaching others and being a thought-leader in the graphic design and creative pro fields. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has enviable communication and collaboration skills, and has the drive to continually innovate and improve teaching methods.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Primary responsibilities:
- Research emerging and evolving creative pro technologies and instructional strategies that meet the needs of beginner-to-advanced creative professionals.
- Prepare and record educational courses and course updates on a variety of creative pro topics including graphic design tools, platforms, and technologies throughout the year.
- Create visual assets (sample designs and illustrations) to be used in courses.
- Collaborate with other members of the Content team to develop the near- and long-term content roadmap for creative professional content in the Lynda.com/Linkedin Learning libraries.
- Partner with Training Producers and others to propose and develop new and innovative approaches and learning resources that continually improve the quality and time-to-market of published content.
- Stay on top of beta developments in key software packages and prepare training accordingly
- Evangelize Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning and the Online Training Libraries by communicating with the future and current Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning audiences through blogs and social media channels; attend and present at industry conferences; develop and maintain relationships that support content growth.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 5+ years experience teaching or mentoring in a variety of situations and formats (classroom, conferences, online, etc.)
- Must have authored, or be actively in the authoring process with Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning within the creative library
- Must have experience successfully authoring video-based online educational; creative courses is preferred
- Must have advanced proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Mobile Apps, the Creative Cloud ecosystem, and Wacom products, as well as other key tools in the creative professional space.
- Must have strong design and illustration skills, in order to create visual assets for courses that will enable teaching points and inspire members.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in photo, web/UX, video, 3D, or animation tools
- A strong social media following
- Demonstrated passion for and depth of knowledge of using technology to improve learner achievement and increase teaching effectiveness
- Ability to quickly research and learn new technologies and provide relevant training for creative professionals that incorporates technology instruction blended with teaching best practices
- Comfort and confidence on-camera and with the video medium
- Agility and ability to produce "quick release video content on news pertinent to our audience while continuing to achieve steady progress on the long-term vision
- Demonstrated capacity to efficiently manage self, ideas, and projects
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and concepts
- Teaching style that encourages people to learn
- Insatiable desire and ability to learn and translate that learning into new courses
- Ability to craft well-written articles that demonstrate a clear point of view and thought leadership.
- If you are not in the active authoring process with Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning and would like to be, please submit your intention to the Call for Trainers located at this link: http://www.lynda.com/aboutus/callfortrainers
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.