If you are passionate about seeing your ideas go from white board to billions of pieces of silicon, join the ground floor of Intel's next generation CPU design team in Hillsboro, Oregon. Our goal: to build a revolutionary microprocessor core to power the next decade of computing and create experiences we have yet to dream up. We're looking for micro-architecture, logic design and high-speed circuit design talent to help us reinvent the Core IP. Start the journey with us!
In this role, your responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Architecting and influencing significant aspects of high performance CPU Core IP design with a high degree of independence.
- Driving design activities and establishing guidelines encompassing circuits, power delivery, clock distribution, library design, starting with idea exploration during tech readiness through tape-in and post-silicon debug.
- Analyzing multiple circuit options to find the optimal design point considering power/performance/area/cost tradeoffs.
- Implementing and simulating high performance, power optimized circuits, ranging from full custom through full synthesis, meeting all product design and quality requirements.
- Planning and leading the efforts of junior technical staff members including mentoring.
As an ideal candidate you exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Ability to use sound methods and data to test new ideas and a desire to have your own ideas be similarly challenged by others.
- Willingness to work with others in a highly complex decision space filled with ambiguity.
- Ability to develop an implementation plan, monitor key indicators, and adjust resources and/or scope to deliver value on schedule.
- Motivation to teach and mentor a junior team members to become the rock-stars of tomorrow
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
Candidates must possess the minimum requirements listed below to be considered for this position. The Preferred Requirements will help distinguish top candidates. Experience can be satisfied through a combination of school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering plus 4 years of relevant work experience OR B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering plus 6 years of relevant work experience. Total of 6 years of work or educational experience in the following areas:
- In-depth knowledge of HW development cycle from concept to product.
- Demonstrated success doing hands on work in the following areas:
- Design in a horizontal domain, such as large and small signal arrays, datapath design, clock and power distribution, circuit quality
- Experience weighing various tradeoffs at block and integration level including timing, power, area and complexity
- Applied circuit/logic design knowledge in solving complex design convergence and integration issues
- Design experience in deep submicron technologies and device physics
- Modern energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques, including those specifically applicable to high frequency optimization
- Industry standard circuit design tools, including schematic capture, logic synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis and design closure
- Scripting in Perl, Python, Ruby, TCL, or some other scripting language
- Experience in providing technical direction to cross-functional technical teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including willingness to work with others, and the ability to tolerate ambiguity and highly complex decision environments.
- Expertise in CPU/Microprocessor architecture and high speed design
- Research publications, patent filings, or other evidence of personal technical innovation in IC design
- Knowledge of pre-silicon and post-silicon verification/validation processes and challenges
- 8 Years of relevant industry experience
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.