Oracle Retail Principal Business Consultant (IC1)
• A BS or BA in related Retail field
• Possess previous experience with defining business needs and/or business processes, identifying impacts, risks and issues
• Possess very detailed written and oral communication skills
• Minimum 1 year experience on an Oracle Retail implementation
• Ability to travel 100% if required
Role Summary: Common tasks, qualifications and special skills
Tasks include business process, requirement gathering and testing support for complex projects, to include:
• Document issues, action items, assumptions, questions, requirements during multiple phases of implementation
• Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Assist the client with process design
• Participate in developing materials to complete transition from Implementation Team to Customer Support
• Develop internal and external test scripts
• Execute internal testing and manage defect tracking
• Collaborate with technical consultants to resolve unclear issues or problems requiring discovery or research, forming ad-hoc teams for issue resolution when appropriate
General Practice • Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Complete required weekly administrative tasks including, individual status report, and time/expense entry
• Operate independently and as part of a team
• Maintain the consulting library of implementation material and functional documentation
• Support development of future business process definitions as they apply to Oracle Retail solutions
• Manage multiple tasks and activities with similar and concurrent deadlines
• Develops expertise on best practices and use/implementation of Oracle Retail Solutions
• Self-assess skills, identify areas of improvement and demonstrate growth
• Possess advanced knowledge of a variety of productivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Viso)
• Possess a knowledge of retail business metrics, roles and responsibilities and business practices
• Ability to build rapport with team members and clients
• Possess problem solving skills
• Possess time management skills
• Flexible & easily adapts to change along with change in prioritization
Job Description: Responsibilities and job requirements
• Responsible for contributing to a quality, integrated software solution is delivered in a timely manner, at budget, and to our client's satisfaction.
• This involves working closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations, as well as working closely with Oracle and third-party vendors to ensure delivery.
As a member of the Consulting organization, you will:
• Provide implementation tasks as an individual and as a team member.
• Has subject matter knowledge of relevant implementation responsibility.
All candidates must be willing and able to travel US Nationwide Mon - Thurs/Fri
All candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US, no work visa sponsorship or transfer available at this time - US Citizen, GC holder, EAD
Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior consulting position for those who are continuing to develop their expertise. Receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
1-3 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates competence in a minimum of one product or technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.