GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Cyber Security Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Van Buren Township
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and
Deep technical expertise within a field.
Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology.
In addition you will :
* Function as cyber security leader in daily Sprint stand up, and provide ownership for all aspects of security lifecycle in product release
* Provide cyber security technical thought leadership, and inject secure coding standards and best practices into daily scrums
* Provide mentoring, and skill set knowledge transfer to scrum team members
* Review and approve agile user stories and epics to ensure correct authentication, authorization, and logging
* Partner with other Aviation IT & business teams to develop secure technical solutions
* Support MVP's through "hands on" technical security knowledge, integration, and development / coding
* Work with a team of architects and developers, operational leads and functional owners to implement security technical features
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with shifting priorities
* Must be comfortable with change and actively driving improvements
* Understand how new technologies impact the current environment
* Champion the adoption of new technologies and drive the implementation into the GE environment
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of information systems design, implementation, or integration)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Engineering involving product design, development, or test
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Willingness and ability to Travel up to 25% of time
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Provides design, installation / development, & configuration of Cyber Security solutions
* Ability to simplify and communicate technical concepts & architecture to non-technical team members
* Experience with application logging integration, and products (Log4J, Logstash, Splunk)
* Knowledge of Federated security architecture, flows, and standards (SAML, OpenID_Connect, and JSON_Web-Token (JWT))
* Integration level knowledge of API Security Architecture, and technologies (OAuth2, Spring Security, HMAC, WS-Security, WS-Trust, or XACML)
* Hands on experience developing secure RESTful API's
* Working knowledge of Cloud Provider security architecture design patterns (AWS, CloudFoundry, Azure)
* Proficiency in development frameworks (Spring Security, Spring Boot, or AngularJS)
* Working knowledge of OWASP Web / API vulnerabilities and compensating controls (CSRF, XSS, SQLI, etc.)
* Familiarity with encryption fundamentals: PKI, Encryption, Digital Signatures, & Key Management
* Expert knowledge of HTTP protocol
* Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000 / 1 / 2, NIST 800-53 / 171, DFARS)
* Position requires an individual that is highly organized and self-motivated
* Proven ability and desire to learn and adapt to new products quickly and comprehensively
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.