Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Cyber Security Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Schenectady, New Orleans, Other
The Cyber Security Engineer is a dynamic role requiring a deep knowledge of programming, security, and secure software development practices. The engineer will partner with existing development teams to build secure software - reviewing user stories, participating in code reviews, and diving in to code new functionality or fix vulnerabilities in existing projects, manage and build shared security libraries and tooling.
The Cyber Security Engineer will:
* Collaborate with software development and support teams during the design phase to build secure systems.
* Drive best practices and sound design principles through the Secure Software Development Lifecycle.
* Participate in complex software development projects as a secure development expert.
* Educate teams across GE Power on secure development best practices, tools, and methodologies.
* Design and build tools and libraries for the Power security team.
* Participate in code reviews across teams to ensure secure coding practices.
* Lead projects to drive the assessment, operationalization and adoption of new technologies, platforms and tools.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or the equivalent military or professional experience
* 5 years experience with Object Oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, etc)
* 1 year experience with Unix-like operating systems (e.g. Linux, OSX, BSD)
* 1 year experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Significant experience with Java
* Experience with NodeJS / Go / PHP / Python / Ruby
* Excellent knowledge of Spring and Maven
* Knowledge of API Security Architecture, and technologies (OAuth2, Spring Security, HMAC, WS-Security, WS-Trust, or XACML)
* Working knowledge of Cloud Provider security architecture design patterns (AWS, CloudFoundry, Azure)
* Working knowledge of OWASP Web / API vulnerabilities and compensating controls (CSRF, XSS, SQLI, etc.)
* Familiarity with encryption fundamentals: PKI, Encryption, Digital Signatures & Key Management
* Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven
* Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
* Experience developing REST APIs
* Experience with NOSQL databases
* Experience writing unit tests
* Experience using a CI system to automate builds
* Working knowledge of source control tools such as CVS/SVN /Git , with preference for Git
* Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
* Experience doing code reviews
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.