Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Data Engineer
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Detroit, Schenectady
This is a hand's on leadership role where you will work with the local sites, the business process leaders and technical teams to understand the existing business, map the data to ERPs, manage the data quality & cleanup activities and liaise with the technical teams to ensure seamless data cutovers. The data stewards will be functional experts in their respective domain and have an overall understanding of SAP data flow.
* Responsible for work that is less defined in scope & has the understanding & experience to execute business objectives
* IT Project leadership for Data Quality initiatives by driving on-time and quality project deliverables
* IT Project leadership for Data Conversion projects by driving on-time and quality project deliverables for SAP ERP implementations
* Coordinate, Lead and Guide the data migration design for the objects under the functional area
* The technology data processes around identifying/scoping data, cleaning data, loading data and the cut over processes
* Lead data cleansing & data construction efforts for the release with the business data owners
* Understanding the local site data and mapping it to ERP (SAP)
* Mentoring and supporting the additional FTE data steward resources
* Managing the technology data cutover activities and working closely with the business process leader during the cutover validation and reconciliation activities
* Define acceptance criteria with the Business data owners
* Partner with functional teams to identify and execute on opportunities for data quality improvements, enhancement, standardization and simplification
* Monitor compliance of information flows and data stores against data quality standards
* Establishment of formal stewardship processes for the assigned business areas
* Monitoring and synchronization of data across the enterprise systems through use of Data quality tools
* Data defects tracking and resolution during the Integration test cycles
* Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
* Measure and report to management on the progress of data quality improvement
* Provide data quality training and consulting services to others in the organization
* Leverage Shared Services templates, toolkits, best practices and COE strategies in project deliverables
* Establish data quality priorities and develop strategy and plan
* Strategically review the data in Interaction to ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the information
* Act as the primary resource for questions from end users about data changes/issues and liaise with the IM team regarding issues
* Manage Service level agreements for both project and support contracts
* Ability to affect short-term & some long-term business goals
* Leverage existing solutions and global design to drive standardization & simplification to reduce implementation timelines & costs. The resource will also become an expert in Data Quality technologies (BackOffice)
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering with additional degree like full-time MBA with Finance or CA/CFA/ICWA or equally competent certifications
* Minimum of 6 Year experience in Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering, experience working with project life cycle methodologies
* Minimum of 3 Year experience in SAP Functional Implementation of SAP Project Systems & Project Execution and a thorough understanding of respective data objects
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Functional domain experience in materials management & production planning.
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and effectively prioritize jobs
* Solid facilitation and presentation skills to lead design sessions with business and technical audiences to come up with solutions for ERP domain
* Proven skills working with Excel & data interpretations/presentations
* Experience in Data Architecture, Data Quality, and Master Data Management Strategies
* Project Management, Methodologies, Best Practices and Delivery Excellence
* Exposure to Data Quality tools will be a greater advantage - BackOffice DMT (Cransoft/DSP)
* Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
* Proactive responsible individual, able to set own action plans
* Application software design, development, database administration using SQL Server, DB2 Teradata, Oracle Designer and PL/SQL
* Ability to influence and build consensus with other IT teams and leadership
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Process oriented, BB/GB Certified
* Strong analytical skills and logical mindset
* Demonstrated experience working with ERP Data Migrations.
* Experience working in a global environment with offshore teams.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.