Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Data Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Van Buren Twp
Responsible for design, prototype, test and implement reporting solutions that facility analytical deep dives into our core products and solutions using platform technologies and tools. You will deliver new commercially re-usable analytics that meet quality standards to drive growth in asset, application & industry coverage. Leveraging your strong engineering & analytics background, you will develop new analytics and automations to achieve outcomes GE needs based on your learnings.
In this role you will drive and execute the strategy for Business Intelligence, Analytics, & Automations
• Drive the Business Intelligence platform
• Perform development of data visualization and analytics
• Analyze data to identify improvement areas for CoreTech, GE Digital, and supported businesses
• Partner with the IT Risk team to deliver outcomes that will better protect the Company and provide solutions to the EVM team
• Partner with both core infrastructure teams and DWS on specific requirements and drive one common process providing automated solutions where feasible
• Actively communicate progress against goals
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, OR in lieu of degree: HS Diploma/GED and 5+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.
• Minimum 2 years of IT experience with specific focus on Business Intelligence
• Minimum 2 years of IT technical experience in Big Data Technologies
• Minimum 2 years of experience in software platform development
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience with Tableau Server Administration
• Experience leading teams on Application Upgrades - planning, testing, scheduling, etc.
• Experience with User Administration - managing user access, view/publish permissions on server, etc.
• Experience working with end users on Business Intelligence related requests to understand requirements and make recommendations for what tool would best meet the users need
• Experience with building and delivering reports or dashboards that meet requestor's requirements while at the same time identifying opportunities to create global dashboards when beneficial to a larger audience
• Comfortable with developing in Oracle, SAP, MySQL, and SQL Server
• Familiar with Cloud data storage offerings
• Experience with working in Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Greenplum, HVR, Casandra, etc.)
• Experience with ETL transport tools
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
• Aware of Methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc. May have prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
• Experience with Automation and Orchestration tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Scalr, etc.)
• Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, R, etc.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.