Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Data Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Staff Data Operations Engineer will actively support Digital Workplace Solutions (DWS) strategy implementation and be responsible for managing the aggregation of data from global repositories, managing SQL servers and databases, and developing automated scripts and processes to enable streamlined and simple operations and self-services. Will learn to develop in Predix and internal technologies to drive an improved customer experience.
* Work with internal customers and leadership to define requirements, designs, and documentation
* Develop SQL queries and jobs to drive automation and simplification
* Utilize business intelligence tools to expose data to leadership and internal customers
* Perform common database practices such as creating databases and views, manage security monitoring backups, recovery, etc.
* Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions
* Implement clean concise solutions that address the requirements at hand
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
* Minimum 5+ Years relevant experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Cincinnati, Ohio or Atlanta, Georgia
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Familiar with Lean/Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Ability to learn new technologies (Predix) and choose the correct tool for the job
* Strong experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processing
* Strong experience with MSSQL, SQL development, SSIS, and SSRS
* Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
* Experience in IT Service Management environments
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
* Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team
* Ability to proactively manage business partner relationships, work with stakeholders to define solutions and deliver on commitments
* Ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
* Proactively communicates status updates, challenges, and potential barriers to success with recommendations on solutions
* Ability to define and communicate complex issues clearly across all levels of the organization
* Comfortable with ambiguity and able to take action despite incomplete information
* Able to tactfully raise issues and voice concerns
* Recognizes own strengths and development needs and actively works to make improvements
* Learn organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.