Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
You will be developing solutions that automate the release cycle from code check-in to deployment. Your solution will focus on eliminating wait times, manual handoffs, and automating as much as possible in order to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our release and deployment processes. We are looking for someone with serious Software Development skills, strong interest in DevOps, and a passion for continuously delivering reliable software. You will have responsibility to:
- Lead architecture of Continuous Delivery solutions
- Work directly with agile Application Development teams to provide daily support aligned with a model of Continuous Delivery
- Work closely with Infrastructure Provisioning, Application Development and Operations teams to provide fully automated build and deployment routines for Development, Staging, and Production environments
- Balance the provisioning of day-to-day activities of a Shared Service team with more structured project work and change initiatives
- Provide resource planning, line management and personal development for your distributed team
- Promote a Dev Ops culture through building relationships with Development & Operations and driving enhancements to the end-to-end release process (workstation to production)
- Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- 7+ years of hands on experience in software industry in either development or build and release in Java, .NET environment
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework
- Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency
- Knowledge on Source Control Tools such as TFS, SVN, GIT
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as TFS, Bamboo, Jenkins & TeamCity
- Experience with Build Automation tools such as Team Build (for .NET Applications), MSBuild, Maven
- Experience in working with MS SQL and/or DB2 Databases
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Groovy Development experience highly preferred
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Chef & Docker highly preferred
- Experience on Enterprise High Availability Platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, Windows 2008, 2012 Operating Systems
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.