Description Join the QuickBooks DevOps Team as a Staff Application Ops Engineer and build the next generation tools to accelerate the migration and hosting of applications in the cloud and increase development productivity. Be on top of the technology and leverage it to deliver great outcomes for our customers. Responsibilities:
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing software used by internal teams, developing prototypes, or proofs of concepts
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding Resolve defects/bugs during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- End-to-end product ownership: including design, development, enhancement, support, deployment, and monitoring
- 10+ years experience developing internal web-based tools or front-end/back-end software
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Design and Programming (OOD)
- Strong experience with any of NodeJs, Python, Ruby, Groovy, or Java Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 4+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP Solid knowledge of AWS, containers, Kubernetes
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD) Preferred Experience: Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating internal tools or large scale applications
- Experience with cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications Always Be Learning:
- Experience with open source technologies Experience with various, modern web frameworks
- Previous DevOps experience is a +++ Experience with designing and developing systems with security and compliance built in
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems Staff Software Engineer Principal Software Engineer Backend Java Developer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.