Join a fast growing agile team at the forefront of Prudential’s digital transformation! We are seeking a Staff DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of implementing enterprise continuous integration and delivery frameworks and release management practices in financial services, or similar high tech industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for the design and development of our CI/CD as well as enabling Prudential’s adoption of DevOps culture.
Partnering with Prudential’s on-shore and offshore DevOps teams, this role will -
a) Provision for environments across deployment pipelines.
b) Automate deployment pipelines in a scalable, secure and reliable manner
c) Champion and establish continuous integration and delivery
d) Turn configuration and infrastructure as code vision into action by executing and delivering on Prudential’s Cloud strategies.
This staff engineer role requires strong collaboration skills to partner with product, development, and infrastructure groups and sustained passion to persistently engage towards building world-class standards in operational excellence. This role will work in a fast-paced environment where multiple streams of deliverables will be rolling into production at various speeds and cycles. Execution on their sustained performance will be essential.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging Agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun. Responsibilities
The role is responsible for implementing and improving a framework that solves for delivery of high-quality, high-reliability by product development organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Exercises judgment within best business operations practices to design, implement, and support operational standards, processes and capabilities for individual software products and services.
- Works closely with development and test teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions.
- Partners with infrastructure teams to leverage existing solutions
- Encourages value-driven innovation to current framework and processes to continuously improve efficiency of product development processes.
- Operates from a mindset of end-to-end ownership working closely with Technology teams and Production Operations staff.
- Partners with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
- Has a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence
- 7 years of experience in Software Development or Operations, with 3 years in DevOps and/or AppOps
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Hands-on working experience of DevOps tools (GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, JIRA, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of virtualization experience (VMware, KVM, Xen)
- Amazon AWS experience - in AWS Compute, Storage, Network, Developer, and Management Tools.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and knowledge of systems management concepts, processes and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation tool strongly desired.
- Experience with Application Monitoring tools (CA APM, NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Splunk) a plus.
- Experience in software development in C , Java a plus
- Working knowledge of container solutions (Docker) and orchestration a plus
- Experience of coaching and mentoring software operations engineers and resources for technical and professional growth a plus
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.