Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The staff editor is an integral member of the Merck Manuals editorial team, editing assigned portions of the Merck Manuals (professional and consumer versions) so that they reflect professional publishing standards of editorial excellence. In this role, the staff editor:
- Performs substantive edits to ensure that sections and chapters are well organized, clearly and concisely written, and appropriately presented for the intended audience (professional or consumer).
- Reviews chapter content in a user-acceptance environment prior to publishing, making changes as needed in the content management system.
- Drafts or edits medical topics for a low-literacy audience if requested.
- Identifies any need for multimedia to enhance chapter content and works with multimedia editor to procure items for chapters.
- Evaluates and modifies illustrations, sidebars, and tables, consulting table/illustration editor as needed.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to enhance search engine optimization, including keywords and xlinks to other Manuals content.
- Works within content management system to maintain and apply XML coding.
- Assists fellow staff editors to handle any overflow of chapters.
- Interacts with authors, editorial board members, pharmacist reviewers, in-house physician editors, and Editor-in-Chief to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency of information.
- Takes on additional tasks as requested.
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in English.
- At least three (3) years of substantive medical editing experience.
- Proven writing and editing abilities.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and content management systems.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement