Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Staff level EHS&S Specialist for the Fort Washington/Lancaster, Pa facility.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Under the direction of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager, the Staff Specialist provides technical leadership to assigned environmental health and safety programs within Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc NA, OTC. The primary sites of responsibility are Fort Washington and Lancaster PA with some support to the Las Piedras, Puerto Rico site. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will be a member of the J&J Consumer, Inc. NA OTC EHS&S team focused on driving consistency in the Contractor Safety program, Management of Change, EHS by Design, Fire & Explosion and Job Safety Analysis programs.. Responsible to partner and coach IOSS program leaders, drive completion of site self-assessments and development of the Management Action Plan (MAP) for assigned programs.
This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
Internal: McNeil Operations, Facilities, R&D, Maintenance and Engineering as well as other site functional leaders.
External: Regulators and 3 party consultants or assessors:
- Shared responsibility with site operational leaders for EHS&S performance at the site.
- Provide coaching to program leaders consistent with Integrated Ownership of Safety Systems (IOSS) creating a safe and compliant EHS Culture through robust engagement of personnel.
- Partner with program leaders and functional leader to develop and implement a Management Action Plan (MAP) for assigned standards to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS&S risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS&S program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S procedures and training for assigned standards, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs where necessaryQualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering, EHS or other Technical Field is required
- A minimum of 8 years of EHS, and/or Project Management/Engineering is required;
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing contractor safety, capital project EHS review, change management and Job Safety Analysis programs are required.
- Ability to own and drive EHS program across multiple sites is preferred.
- Familiarity with ISNet World or similar tools is preferred.
- Certifications: PE, CSP, ASP preferred
- Strong technical Leadership experience is required
- Proven Change Agent experience is preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and other consensus regulations/standards is required.
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Business management – produce & maintain project schedules & budgets is preferred
- Experience Interfacing with local, state & federal inspectors is preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Collaborative team player
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Clear and persuasive communicator, able to influence
- Problem solver
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems
- This position could require up to 10 % domestic travel.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.