Staff Electrical Engineer What you will do
Under general direction, performs duties utilizing knowledge and skills commensurate with the requirements of this position. In this hands on position, you will work in a team environment with engineers, designers, technicians, and product managers to ensure successful product launch and support. In this position, you will take on a technical leadership role in the electrical design of HVAC actuator products. Provides full engineering responsibility for assigned projects from concept to customer, subject to supervisory review with latitude for independent action to resolve most problems with marketing, manufacturing, and vendors. You will also direct the work of others relating to concept refinement and product test. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining product specifications and ensuring all required tests are complete and fully documented. How you will do it
What we look for
- Participates in and architects the development and/or improvement of new and existing products for design change, cost reductions, warranty improvements, and manufacturability.
- Works with minimal direction to create and develop product concepts, and oversees the development to meet time and budgetary constraints.
- Conducts engineering qualification tests on the product including coordinating with outside agencies to ensure compliance.
- Takes initiative to recommend projects, product improvements or cost reductions.
- Performs tradeoff between implementation, schedule, cost and resource constraints and recommend alternatives.
- Provides technical feedback, input and consultation to other departments in design or implementation activities.
- Utilizes CAD systems as related to job.
- Utilizes software application programs such as Microsoft Office, Mentor Graphics Expedition, etc.
- Provides work direction to a project team.
- Handles multiple complex or multi-activity tasks simultaneously. Has effective time management skills so that high priority tasks are completed as planned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline. Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in product design or engineering experience. Advanced skills, additional education and exceptional performance may alter this requirement.
- Additional training or continuing education applicable to the position. Typically, an average of one course or seminar per year which pertains to the job.
- Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job.
- Experience with electrical schematic capture, PCB layout, 3D CAD modeling, parts database structures, BOM structures, and engineering change management.
- Preferred experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition, Mentor Graphics Valor, and Windchill/Creo.
- Preferred experience in the fields of electrical (120/230Vac), electronic, mechatronics, and electro-mechanical design.
- Preferred experience designing circuits to control DC brush and brushless motors.
- Preferred experience with EMC design techniques.
- Preferred experience designing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, and other global standards.
- Preferred experience with WEEE, RoHS, REACH, and Conflict Mineral initiatives.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
- Able to obtain and interpret datasheets for electrical and control components, and determine electrical and mechanical requirements.
- Able to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Preferred experience interfacing with global manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as direct the work of others.
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Possess a professional appearance and positive work attitude, in accordance with work area and company policies.
- Able to develop skills necessary for advancement.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.