Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff End User Support Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Shop Floor program includes 10,000+ PCs running a customized, secure operating system and are critical to manufacturing operations across five GE businesses. In this role, you will interact with various IT, manufacturing and site leaders in the businesses to implement the program at new sites, manage new technology introductions and operating system changes, drive obsolescence projects and manage incident resolution for the Shop Floor program.
* Ensure a consistent, efficient and effective delivery of Shop Floor operational services, in line with GE Digital standards, in order to support the achievement of business objectives across all areas
* Engage internal and external Digital Technology teams and customers to gather information and data on Shop Floor issues to drive issue resolution
* Act as the point of communication and information contact for Shop Floor program updates and issues while ensuring effective and regular communications to key stakeholders and impacted end users
* Work with Digital Workplace Solutions leaders to assess emerging projects and initiatives then identify and develop remediation plans for any impacts to Shop Floor
* Lead technical activities involved in new technology introductions and also technology obsolescence, including operating system, core applications (Office, browser, etc), security tools and other core technologies
* Manage change requests to the Shop Floor image along with Group Policy Objects
* Drive new Shop Floor site implementations including account creation and communicating status to site leaders
* Any other tasks commensurate with the level of the post as may from time to time be required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Software, or STEM Major (science, technology, engineering, math) from an accredited university or college
* Minimum 7 years of experience with information technology and operations management
* Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual contributor
* Ability to lead, mentor and train others
* Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and independently develop solutions
* Proven ability to write clear, concise knowledge articles
* Excellent communication skills, a team player, with ability to energize
* Good organizational and time management skills
* Strong business acumen in a technical environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience working in an industrial or technical environment
* Expertise in Windows, Active Directory, MS Office, networking, and PC hardware
* ServiceNow experience
* ITIL Foundations certification
* Able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.