Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical
Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Staff Engineer aligned to Pulsar Vascular located in Los Gatos, CA.
CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced
Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and
Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and
Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and
Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Neuro is a global neurosurgery and neurovascular company that offers a
broad portfolio of devices for hydrocephalus management, neuro intensive care
and cranial surgery, as well as aneurysm coils, vascular reconstruction devices
and other technologies used in the endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms
and stroke. Learn more about Codman Neuro at www.codman.com for more information. Pulsar Vascular is a leading developer of
breakthrough platform technology for the neurovascular treatment of complex
aneurysms, including the PulseRider system, a minimally-invasive,
self-expanding nitinol implant.
- The Staff Engineer will be responsible for aspects of the product
design and development of a project with a focus on innovative implantable
medical devices that address the customer needs for a complete procedural
- The successful candidate will be working within a cross-functional
project team through all phases of the product development process, planning
and executing projects through the product launch.
- The candidate will work closely with members of the project core
team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, etc.) and surgeons to define user
needs, generate design concepts and prototypes, perform design evaluations
(such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE's, simulated use testing, etc.), and
support development of product and process validation plans and testing.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large important
engineering project or a number of small complex projects and carries out
complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved
techniques or procedures.
- The candidate will apply a diversified knowledge of engineering
principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and makes decisions
independently on engineering problems and methods.
- The candidate demonstrates a full understanding in the application
of design controls and development processes, and has the ability to prioritize
tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal
communication skills and interface effectively with others in the project team.
- The individual will also be expected to develop an expert
knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various anatomies and
- A minimum of eight years of related engineering experience is
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial, or
Chemical Engineering or Ph.D. in relevant discipline and four or more years of
related engineering experience is preferred.
- New product development experience in medical devices is
- Must have significant complex level engineering experience.
- Experienced in product design, process development, device testing
or prototyping is an asset.
- Must possess a good mastery of theoretical and practical
fundamentals and experimental engineering techniques.
- Must be able to work independently on assigned project activities
in a cross functional team environment.
- This position will be
located in Los Gatos, CA and requires up to 10% travel domestically with the
potential of international travel.
United States-California-San JoseOther Locations
North America-United States-Florida-MiamiOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.