Our factory in Jefferson, Wisconsin is located in the southern part of the state at the confluence of the Rock and Crawfish rivers. We are one of the largest manufacturers within the area, shipping more than 3,000 truckloads and 400 railcars of product annually, which equates to over 38 million cases of Fancy Feast®, Elegant Medley®, Friskies® and Pro Plan®. Of this mass production, our Jefferson factory donates 1.2 million cans of food per year to support over 40 animal shelters and organizations.
As a Staff Engineer at our growing wet pet food factory, you will play a vital role in keeping plant operations running at optimum performance by assisting in the development of the long-term electrical and controls infrastructure. Additionally, you will function as the expert resource for control systems related problems and projects.
Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Researches and specifies electrical equipment and material for plant systems improvements
- Manages and/or develops project documentation such as accurate prints, manuals, personnel training, spare parts and asset information
- Develops and manages necessary project scopes, bids and contract documents for contractors and vendors
- Secures bids from contractors and vendors, selects and then manages their progress through project completion
- Knowledgeable, active in and support facility initiatives to improve safety, quality, and factory electrical reliability
- Works with facility operations/maintenance to address and improve equipment or process performance problems
- Provides technical support and guidance in reviewing the efforts of outside control system consultants
- Maintains working knowledge of Corporate Control System Standards and Guidelines and an up-to-date a complete set of electrical and controls as-built documentation
- Interfaces with other Nestlé facilities or local businesses to discuss issues relating to past present or future projects
- Accountable to meet Nestlé and those applicable Governmental regulations such as OSHA, EPA, etc., while performing job responsibilities
- Assists in maintenance staff training and development
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical related discipline OR expected to attain it by December 2017
1+ years’ experience with electrical and controls systems
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.