Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
The main goal of this job is to evaluate and characterize best in class MEMS-based gyroscopes and to play a key role in bringing new designs from concept to production.
System-Level Device Evaluation and Characterization
Test Development using LabVIEW
Data Analysis for Yield Improvement
Datasheet and Application Note Generation
Design and Layout of PCB boards
- Design evaluation of ASIC and MEMS devices through hands-on and automated testing.
- Produce DVT (Design Validation Testing) reports and device datasheets to the design, manufacturing, applications, and marketing teams.
- Develop test methods and routines to be used initial product evaluation and production testing procedures.
- Work with internal (domestic and international) teams to design, execute, and provide analysis of packaging DOEs (design of experiments).
- Schematic capture, layout, and construction of test and evaluation PCBs.
- Use data analysis techniques to critically assess and improve manufacturability, yield, and reliability.
- Provide application boards, device samples, and literature to current and potential customers.
- Travel internationally to provide application & customer level support with the evaluation of samples and prototypes.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a test/characterization engineering role.
- Excellent understanding of design evaluation, yield analysis, and problem solving techniques.
- Basic understanding of operation principles of MEMS structures, and electrical properties of semiconductor devices.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis tools such as MiniTab, JMP, or equivalent.
- Experience with test automation of ATE and/or bench-type systems using software programming languages such as LabVIEW, C/C and/or Visual Basic.
- Demonstrated expertise in use of lab and test equipment such as oscilloscope, DAQ, signal generator, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, temperature chamber, rate table, and automated/manual Prober.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally organized and driven by results.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and a great team player. What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
“Panasonic Device Solutions Laboratory Ma (PDSLM) of Panasonic R&D Company of America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, conducts advanced research and development in the area of MEMs-based inertial sensing. PDSLM’s primary role is to work on challenging R&D projects that require innovative ideas and approaches in problem solving. PDSLM is located in Marlborough, MA, close to Boston and major universities.“
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.