The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of
the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an Staff
Engineer, New Product Development aligned
to Biosense Webster located in Irwindale, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including
Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI),
Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of
customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention,
Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and
Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing
and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses
within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
SUMMARY OF THE
Works on most assignments with instructions about the general
results expected. May receive technical guidance on the most unusual or complex
problems, but independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation
of identifiable factors. Makes an effort to analyze and solve areas that would
reduce cost of the product for financial benefits through materials and
techniques of engineering. Exercises judgment within generally defined
practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to get results would normally
result in serious program/project delay and considerable expenditure or
Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and
Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Applies intensive and diversified
knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignment
and related fields.
- Responsible for the cost reductions
efforts of all products, materials, and techniques using engineering principles
and financial impacts.
- Makes decisions independently on
engineering problems and method, and represents the organization in conferences
to resolve important questions and to plans and coordinate work.
- Requires the use of advances
techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and
practices of his/her fields and related sciences and disciplines.
- Requires financial background around
manufacturing practices which include Cost of Goods theory, overhead rates,
labor rates, compounded annual growth rate, etc.
- Supervision and guidance related
largely to overall requirements, critical issues, new concepts, and policy
- Consults with supervisor concerning
unusual problems and developments.
- Responsible for one or more of the
- In a supervisory capacity, plans,
develops, coordinates, and directs a large important engineering project or a
number of small projects with many complex features.
- As an individual researcher, carries
out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved
techniques or procedures.
- Work is expected to result in the
development of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Work is expected to result in the
development is new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or
- As staff specialist, develops and
evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of project and activities to be
carried out by others.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness
of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment when necessary
data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Performs as a staff consultant on a
technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
- May technically supervise, coordinate
and review the work of a small staff of engineers and technicians, estimates
manpower needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date, or, as
individual researcher or staff specialist may be assisted on projects by other
engineers or technicians.
- Practices company safety and quality
policies and procedures. Actively requires conformance.
- Responsible for the purchase or design
of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the
- Responsible for performing design
review and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally
sound start-up of new processes.
- Responsible for communicating business
related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates
follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental
practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good
- Responsible for ensuring personal and
Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties assigned as
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in relevant discipline and a
minimum of six years of related engineering experience is required.
- Masters of Science degree is preferred.
- Must have a significant level of engineering experience which
includes experience with parts and products with multicomponent complexity.
- Financial background experience in the field of Operations
would be beneficial.
- Experience in the medical device industry would be an asset.
- Must possess a clear mastery of theoretical and practical
fundamentals and experimental techniques.
- Ability to communicate, provide presentations and summarize
project status to upper management.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral)
and ability to present presentation to upper management.
- Knowledge of drafting software systems such as AutoCad and
Solidworks is required.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as Minitab a
- Project Management skills a plus.
- Process Excellence tools such as Lean and Six Sigma
certifications a plus.
- This position is located in Irwindale CA and requires up to 20% travel (international
Be VITAL in your
career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities
within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.