Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Engineer, R&D – Biosurgery to be located in Somerville, NJ. Domestic and international travel up to 10% is required for this position.
Ethicon, Inc. develops and markets products within the Medical Device business sector of Johnson & Johnson and includes wound closure, biosurgical, energy, and endomechanical products.
The Staff Engineer, R&D – Biosurgery will:
- Participate in cross-functional project teams in a technical leadership role to drive the development of product requirements, concept generation, process identification, process scale-up and design control for hemostasis, tissue sealant, and adhesion prevention products
- Contribute to global life-cycle management projects as an R&D lead representing the Design Center.
- Conduct testing on competitive products, and develop strategies on competitive testing, prepare technical reports for use in marketing assets by commercial teams
- Contribute inventions, new designs, or techniques to solve technical problems or improve existing products or processes.
- Work with in-house teams, cross J&J teams, and external collaborators including companies, universities and consultants to align project strategies with the regulatory, preclinical, and clinical strategies for innovative products to meet business objectives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry (organic, analytical, or polymer), Biomaterials or Biomedical Engineering, or other relevant field with 6 years of experience in product discovery and development is required OR a Master’s Degree in a similar field with a minimum of 4 years related experience OR a PhD in a similar field with a minimum of 2 years related experience is required.
- Quality systems and Design Control knowledge pertaining to new product development, and Design Changes in the medical devices field is highly preferred
- Hands on experience with innovative research strategies, product development to meet customer unmet needs, and effective requirements management preferred
- Process Excellence and a cGMP knowledge are preferred
- Good technical writing, including intellectual property and communication and project management skills and ability to work Independently are essential/required
- Proficiency with design/process excellence tools is preferred.
- Experience within a matrix organization is preferred.
- Experience with synthetic polymers at lab-scale through manufacturing-scale is preferred.
- Knowledge with preclinical research and 510(k), IDE, and PMA processes is preferred.
- This position is based in Somerville, NJ and requires up to 10% domestic and international
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.