DEB PLATFORM TEAM:
The IoT Platform team in the Data Enabled Business (DEB) at JCI builds, delivers, maintains and supports a suite of micro-services that enable sending data from sensors on JCI equipment at customer sites to the Cloud, storing the data securely on the cloud, analyzing this data in real-time as it streams in and providing metrics based on these analysis. These micro-services are used by various JCI Connected Applications to deliver "cloud-enabled" features such as Advanced Analytics, Data Virtualization and Command & Control within their applications.
Under direction from Manager Platform Engineering, serve as a Staff Engineer (Senior Cloud Engineer - C#/Dotnet) within the DEB Platform team.
1. Participate in meetings & ceremonies for the scrum teams
2. Help Product Owner detail out a user story
3. Help estimate effort to implement a user story
4. Split a user story into PBIs and Tasks when required
5. Complete development tasks to meet the sprint goal
6. Write unit tests & create documentation (API spec) for new features
7. Be accountable for quality of software developed
8. Support feature & release acceptance testing
9. Investigate and address defects
10. Identify any gaps in the team and help with recruitment to fill these gaps
11. Ensure high availability, reliability & performance of services on the DEB platform
12. Create containerized images of services
13. Estimate effort to create tests for a user story
14. Complete testing tasks to achieve sprint goal
15. Identify impediments and raise these to Scrum Master
16. Communicate status of work on a daily basis
• BS degree in Computer Science
• 8+ years of experience with developing software in C#
• 6+ years developing software using an Agile methodology
• 3+ years of experience working with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
• 3+ years of experience working with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka, Azure Eventhubs, Rabbit MQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
• 2+ years of experience working with Apache Spark (RDD, Spark SQL)
• 2+ years of experience working with Spark Streaming/DStreams
• 1+ years of experience working with other Big Data Analytics Engines such as Apache Storm, Azure Stream Analytics, etc.
• 3+ years building RESTful services in a micro-services architecture
• 3+ years of experience with using Hadoop-related or similar distributed computing technologies
• 3+ years of experience with software integration or testing, including analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts
• Experience with distributed, scalable NoSQL data stores, including Apache Accumulo, Azure CosmosDB (DocumentDB), DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra or Bigtable
• Experience implementing Solr or Elasticsearch search engine
• Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems, developing solutions, and integrating, extending, and contributing to Open-Source software
• MS degree in Computer Science (in lieu of 2 years of work experience)
• Hadoop or Cloud Certifications
• Experience with deploying applications in Cloud environments, including Azure or Amazon AWS
• Experience with data serialization systems
• Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
• Experience with building analytical batch processing pipelines involving Apache Spark, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.