Ethicon is currently searching for a Staff Engineer – Vantage Packaging, Product Management preferably located in Somerville, New Jersey. Vantage is the ETHICON initiative to reduce the complexity within its sutures business and consists of 7 major Programs, one of which is the Packaging Program. This is a duration-based role which is scheduled to expire in 2021. The Packaging Program encompasses all aspects of the impact Vantage will have on suture packaging components, including primary and secondary packaging, IFUs (including eIFU), labeling, and postpone activities (repack and over-label operations),
The Staff Engineer – Vantage Packaging, Product Management will lead the following:
- Focused on the development, design, and implementation of postponement technologies to facilitate the manufacturing and global distribution medical devices.
- Coordinate with Medical Device and potentially cross-sector postponement-related activities to ensure solutions are leveraged.
- Conduct feasibility assessment and/or development of alternative packaging and postponement technologies for primary and secondary packaging.
- Author machine specifications and interface with automation machine builders during quotation, fabrication, development and factory acceptance phases.
- Develop detailed project plan and business case, including supply chain design, costs, and trade-off assessment for new technology locations.
- Develop, validate, and start up manufacturing operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost, and performance
- Provide all documentation and specifications for process and equipment including drawings, process specifications IPQA specifications, and troubleshooting guide.
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes.
- Actively participate in setting overall project objectives, direction and contributing in other functional areas as needed.
- Coordinate other support activities as required (e.g. IT linkage with data, QA requirements)
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in either Engineering or a Technical/Science focus, preferably Electrical Engineering or Automation with a minimum of 7+ years of experience working in industry OR a Master’s Degree in either Engineering or a Technical/Science focus with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in industry is required
- Experience in the Medical Device or regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience in packaging equipment design, development, qualification, and production, preferably in the Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Experience in development of project plans with Microsoft Project (or similar project planning software) is required.
- Skilled in statistical techniques in support of process development and validations, including DOE, capability assessment and hypothesis testing.
- Experience in project leadership in change control for existing products is required for this role.
- A person in this position should have demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple team activities independently however, demonstrated experience in leading multi complex projects is required.
- This position is located in Somerville, NJ and will require approximately 30% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID