Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
- Rapid prototyping with code, using modern front-end libraries/frameworks and a digital pattern library
- Breaking new ground, researching and implementing innovative web techniques and features in solving for business initiatives.
- Develop a Visa branded SPA web applications using the ReactJS based front-end stack.
- Build reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind.
- Strong emphasis on component based design development and create/use shareable UI components.
- Review and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Develop with mobile-first approach for multiple mobile form factors.
- Maintaining high coding standards and practices and exercise quality control on all aspects of web development
- Follow front-end development best practices such as code to modules, unit testing, UI validations, peer reviews.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in an Agile environment.
- Strong understanding of React library best practices and conventions. Comfort with JSX is preferred.
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML web markup & CSS.
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs with AJAX.
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiarity with front-end build/publish tools, such as Grunt/Gulp.js, webpack, browserify.js.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Be willing to help your team mates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field
- Motivated, organized and committed to continuous improvement and learning.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.