- Architecting and developing web software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 40-60% hands-on coding
- Generate technical documentation and presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web apps
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with CSS framework such as LESS, Sass, etc.
- 5+ years of experience writing RESTful APIs and middle-tier code in Java
- Hands-on data-modeling experience with NoSQL db, preferably with Cassandra
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- BS/MS in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- Never ending desire to self-educate on the latest list of web technologies
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Java Platform Engineer Senior Software Engineer Staff DevOps - Release Engineer Architect Architect See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.