Come join the QuickBooks Online team as a Staff Software Engineer. Help lead the team that is building the future of online payroll for small businesses. On this team, you will develop the platform that will extend our core QuickBooks Payroll that will enable external developers to create awesome applications. You will have the opportunity to be a technical lead of a highly visible team to create new capabilities in the platform applying your skills in architecting, designing and implementing high quality products.
- Drive end-to-end services and features with an engineering and operational excellence mindset
- Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
- Ability to use seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Ability to apply business acumen to develop ROI of investment in new technology, including the assessment of risks and trade-offs
- Lead the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 50-80% hands-on coding
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web applications
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 8+ years experience designing and developing web applications.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Expertise with Java/J2EE
- Strong experience with Object Orientated design and programming
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer Tools Platform Staff Software Engineer Principal Software Engineer Backend Java Software Engineer 2 (SMB QuickBooks Accountant) See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.