Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Infrastructure Automation is responsible for building frameworks and systems to automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployment tools that Visa developers will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make is easy for developers to get their code to customers. We are building platform based on our private cloud and make it easy to deploy, monitor, scale and debug applications. We support teams using a variety of technologies, in offices that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day. Responsibilities
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers
- Developing scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Building tools to automate our deployment pipelines
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance
- Build automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Building and managing development, test, integration, performance and stage environments\
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
Nice to have
- Undergraduate Degree or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/Spring
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality
- Ability to estimate, design and drive projects end to end by meeting deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to mentor Junior developers
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST based web services
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (specifically Scrum)
- Working experience with CHEF / Ruby
- Working experience with Mongo DB
- Exposure to Docker and related eco-system
- Understanding of the DevOps practices
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.