Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The global systems engineering group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers and office facilities.
This role is an experienced engineer within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. It can sit in either Highlands Ranch, CO, or Ashburn, VA.Job Summary
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of z/OS systems, disk and tape storage configurations and commonly used z/OS program products
- Provide z/OS system and storage-related technical support, guidance in independent role
- provide timely and effective support and escalation for all Visa z/OS operating systems, storage environments, systems software and associated products in the production and development environments at all Visa Data Centers. This support is also extended to all users of those
- Manage the change activity across all Visa production and development z/OS systems
- Participate in the development and assessment of Visa's overall z/OS system and storage strategies, technologies and architectures to meet the operational and continuity needs of Visa and its customers
Storage Support & Maintenance
- Working with Engineering, administer and maintain procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes;
- Provide world class execution for Storage software and hardware system changes
- Pro-actively prepare impact analysis and manage proper monitoring alerts to avoid impact to the existing system
- Provide Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new mainframe technologies and the implementation of new mainframe software; account for all new features available in z/OS releases and program product upgrades, ensuring they are reviewed and adopted or understand why they are not
- Represent the MVS Support team in relevant meetings such as process improvement and initiatives meetings, Monthly Assignment review with Engineering etc.
- Responsible to implement technical compliance procedures and policies to comply with VISA key controls.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with IT stakeholders and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Support effort for Disk & Tape hardware, software upgrades and Configuration changes using the following technologies:
- HSC, Oracle robotic hardware & software, Oracle VSM, Secure Agent VTL, EXLM, TMC, MIM/MIA, Library Station
- DFSMS/HSM, ACS routines, CA Vantage/SRM, Catalog management/Catalog Recovery+, GDDR, CA-1, , ExHPDM
- Perform and maintain Disaster recovery tests and procedures using EMC GDDR configuration
- Co-ordinate & perform activities such as cloning of OEMRES and SYSRES volumes
- Provide on-call support for Storage systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years' experience in Z/OS systems and storage management support
- Expert knowledge in Virtual Tape systems and physical tape systems
- Knowledge in Oracle VTSS, HSC, EXLM, TMC, MIM/MIA, Library Station, ExHPDM
- Knowledge of EMC and HDS Mainframe DASD subsystems
- Expert skills in DFSMS/HSM, ACS routines/ISMF, Catalog management/CR+
- Experience using SAMS/VANTAGE
- Strong problem determination skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.