The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Staff Mechanical Engineer aligned to Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us
The Staff Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities including the following for the terminal sterilization platform:
- Deliver and drive results by participating in new product development projects either as a team member or work stream leader focused on mechanical centric design and development.
- Connects by demonstrating strong collaboration with cross functional team members to ensure alignment and influencing of design concepts, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification.
- Provides strong technical leadership on assigned projects to deliver design concepts, design characterization, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification using sound engineering principles and expertise.
- Develops real and/or virtual prototypes for early product development and exploration with users.
- Plans, coordinates and overseas design verification Proposes and determines new or improved technologies to enhance product quality, manufacturing cost efficiencies, and regulatory compliance.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is required; Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years minimum of work related experience in new product development in a regulated industry is required.
- Recent experience and strong proficiency in CAD design experience required; SolidWorks preferred.
- Design experience for plastics highly preferred.
- Structural and thermal analysis via software tool and manual calculations highly preferred.
- GD&T working knowledge highly preferred.
- Medical device product development experience highly preferred.
- Sterilization and/or disinfection experience a plus.
- Effective communication to cross functional team required.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.Primary Location
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.