Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Digital and Mobile Products organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The Mobile QA Lead will be part of the Digital and Mobile Product (DMPD) Team that is working on innovative mobile app solutions. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the quality strategy of mobile products, design test plans, lead QA Engineers, and be responsible for the overall integration accuracy. This role requires technical skills, including the ability to create, document, execute test strategies and test plans. Visa uses the agile methodology, which presents a fast paced and dynamic environment for rapid growth and wide experience.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to a Manager of Software Engineering.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the lead and expert on mobile product quality
- Design and maintain a comprehensive regression test plan
- Integration test new features developed by the Software Engineers
- Work with Agile software tools
- Work with the team to increase the test coverage, outline and derive elaborate test scenarios
- Work with development and operations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of automation
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies
- Work in fast pace environment on multiple projects / initiatives
- Own documentation that communicates the standards and procedures
- Run Smoke tests, tail server logs, report/track defects, resolve issues and remove impediments for the QA teams
- Implement, gather, and report metrics
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field
- Posses sion of Agile methodology experience is required
- Strong technical competency and experience with mobile applications and understanding of automated testing
- Experience with log file validation on an IDE, such as Xcode or Android Studio
- Solid understanding of mobile app development, common mobile user interface guidelines/standards, and current events with Apple/Google mobile products
- Absolute must is an ability to convey and document test cases and execute them
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects / initiatives
- Past experience in Visa and /or electronic payment line (ISO 8583) of business is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.