Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Network Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Senior Network Engineer will enable GE to transition application workloads closer to the edge of the enterprise network by designing, implementing and supporting advanced network solutions. They will contribute to GE's edge network strategy and implement these initiatives as part of the externalization of one of the largest commercial networks in the world.
* Day to day operational functions related to core routing/switching, firewalls, IPS, F5 and WAN connectivity.
* Participate with Corporate CTO organization to architect, design, implement and support network security services for Shared Networking Services to 3rd parties and cloud providers
* Partner with applications teams to deliver cutting security configurations to support application migrations to the cloud providers
* Provide core competencies in complex enterprise local area networking, multi-protocol network transport techniques, LAN switches and Layer 4-7 content switching
* Provide subject matter expertise in all secure network services to support the GE business team
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc
* Review new design and architecture standards. Provide input to enhance quality ensuring standards can be supported operationally
* Provide L3 support for GE's edge network environment
* Have a working knowledge on Cloud based Applications.
* Part of an on call rotation (24x7x365) for critical outages.
* Proactive health, capacity, failover planning and obsolescence management in the edge network.
* Leading programs focused on improving the performance and availability of our edge network.
* Leading the restoration of highly critical incidents.
* Leading the change planning / scripting / implementation of high profile changes.
* Leading the follow up and investigative actions for systemic problems in the environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a primary design, architecture or support role in network infrastructure
* CISCO CCNP/CCDP
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting Cisco ASA firewall
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting F5 LTMs
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting Proxy solutions
* Multiple years of experience supporting Cloud based Applications.
* Experience supporting IPS products
* Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
* F5 Certified Engineer
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.