DePuy Synthes, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff Packaging Design & Development Engineer –located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- The Package Development Engineer will work within the Franchise Operations organization to support the packaging needs of new and existing spine products.
- This position will serve as the subject matter expert in the area of medical device package design & development with expertise in materials, design, testing, process technology, and validations.
- The Package Development Engineer will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to develop, test, validate, and commercialize device package solutions for both new and existing medical devices.
- The position also supports continuous improvements as well as problem resolution and redesign when required for legacy packaging both in-house and at external manufacturers. The individual will be responsible for identification and validation of package materials and suppliers.
- They will work in compliance with relevant standards as well as J&J Corporate guidelines. The position will also be responsible to lead and/or participate in harmonization/standardization, quality risk remediation/reduction and continuous improvement projects that may span across several business units.
- They shall develop, track and maintain project plans and budgets for projects. They shall serve as a mentor for “junior” engineers and may supervise direct reports.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required. 7 years experience package engineering required
- A degree in Package Engineering/Science is preferred.
- Process development experience desirable.
- It is required to be a self starter and work independently.
- Must be able to lead and/or support multiple project teams simultaneously.
- The candidate must have a proven record of successful project management.
- Experience with Project Management Excellence is a plus.
- Medical device product design experience desirable.
- Knowledge of sterile packaging material characteristics and validation practices are preferred.
- Experience in writing and executing design and process validations required.
- Knowledge of ISO13485 design control and ISTA standards and its application to medical device products preferred.
- Experience in supplier selection/management for medical device components and equipment is preferred.
- Statistical analysis knowledge required,
- Six Sigma Black belt certification preferred.
- Experience working in integrated cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Ability to complete financial analyses for capital purchases, estimate manufacturing costs, and estimate component costs is preferred.
- Experience with direct reports is highly desirable.
- This position is based in Raynham, MA. Travel up to 20% both domestic and international.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function