Parkridge East Hospital - Chattanooga, TN Pharmacist
Parkridge East offers award-winning healthcare for every stage of life, delivered by highly trained professionals. We are well known in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area for the delivery of new babies. The Birth Place is one of the region's premier women's centers offering the highest quality care and delivery of infants and new mothers. This includes 8 labor delivery rooms, 7 labor/triage rooms, high risk OB with a 22-bed NICU.
We offer a full spectrum of services from education classes for pregnant moms to lactation consultation and support after the baby is born. Our neonatal intensive care unit for high- risk newborns provides care for the smallest premature newborn to the ill, full-term baby. Founded in 1974, this is a 128-bed full-service, acute care community hospital with strong specialties in orthopedics, surgery, women's services and emergency care.
We have been recognized nationally for our quality care and we are constantly adding new services and upgrading technologies to provide the highest quality patient care experience. Parkridge East
is currently looking for a Pharmacist
Shift Details: FT Nights Rotating WE
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to complete department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge to assess, plan, and evaluate care in coordination with the health care team across the continuum
- Deliver compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all customers
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BS or MS Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- TN Registered Pharmacist required
- 3-5 Years of Hospital Experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom