Staff Pharmacist, Work-Site Pharmacy (Job Number: 024289)
Electric Boat Walgreens Rx - Str13860 - 60 COLVER AVE
60 COLVER AVE
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That's our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you'll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The 'Community, A Walgreen Pharmacy' stores, are specialty pharmacies located in the neighborhoods of their patients and physicians.
In addition to serving the patients within their community, the pharmacies also provide delivery and shipping services to those patients requiring specialty assistance and products, not found in traditional Walgreens retail stores. Community pharmacies are a hybrid of retail and central specialty pharmacy.
Community pharmacies specialize in a variety of disease states, such as:
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Hepatitis C
The pharmacy team members specialize in coordinating healthcare delivery, in collaboration with healthcare providers and a variety of payers. The pharmacy team members are experts in state and federal program billing, as well as co-pay assistance programs.
Community, A Walgreens Pharmacy strongly supports Walgreens' core business goal of providing convenient, affordable, high-quality pharmacy, health and wellness solutions. Our goal is to be America's first choice for health and daily living and become a leading player in the specialty pharmacy space. Job Summary
The Pharmacist, Health Systems Pharmacies is responsible for the intake of prescription orders and the efficient/accurate fulfillment of orders. Job Responsibilities
- Assists Pharmacy Manager in the development and maintenance of interactions with physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding prescription and pharmacy consulting issues.
- Assists in implementation of patient care programs that deliver improved measurable outcomes from medication therapy management performed at stores or clinics.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in pharmacy systems related to the unique needs of identified health conditions and recommends and implements these changes for pharmacy services improvement.
- Assist in the development of quality improvements and assure to regulatory compliance as well as adheres to all Walgreens ethics, policies, and procedures, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm.D
- Current licensure in the state where this position is located.
- At least 1 year of experience working as a Pharmacist.
- Interest and willingness to process cash reports, end-of-day procedures, payroll and other front-end management activities.
- Experience communicating verbally with patients (on phone, one on one) discussing patient needs, symptoms etc.
- Certified Immunizer or willingness to commit to becoming certified within 90 days.
- Experience mentoring students in experiential education by being a preceptor or willingness to commit to becoming a preceptor.
- Experience with implementing pharmacy programs.
- At least 1 year experience working as a Pharmacy Manager, completion of Walgreens On-Site Residency program, or at least 1 year experience working in a Health Systems Pharmacy.
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.