- Lead cross function integrated product teams (IPT)
- Drive new product development and program execution
- Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals
- Drive world class project management process through the use of integrated scheduling, earned value reporting and risk management
- Provide technical collaboration, leadership and mentorship to our multi-discipline engineering team
- Lead and/or perform system architecture trade studies.
- Lead and/or support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements.
- Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
- Oversee and manage requirements tracking and validation.
- Develop and implement system design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
- Implement and support Standard Work processes across all applicable development programs to deliver consistent results.
- Lead project teams of various disciplines to achieve system design goals.
- Work collaboratively with other Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions.
- Work closely with Systems Chief, Program Managers and Program Chiefs to ensure customer satisfaction through careful planning, staffing and execution of projects.
- Participate in the proposal process to develop and review cost estimates and proposals packages where Systems engineering resources are required
- Champion superior ethical and professional behavior in all situations.
- Assist in the planning of projects and resources to meet cost and schedule objectives.
- Experience in new product development from component level design through integration, test and entry into service
- Ability to work across the organization and various disciplines including Engineering, Quality and Operations.
- Experience leading a diverse technical team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong process skills and familiarity with Continuous Improvement tools and Standard Work processes
* Education / Certifications • BS Degree in Engineering w/ 6-10+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
• MS degree in Engineering w/4-7+ years of related project/systems engineering experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .