Digital Predix Products & Technology
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Quality Assurance Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You are responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will lead software quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
In this role, you will:
* Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
* Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
* Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
* Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
* Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
* Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
* Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
* Architect, design and develop automation suites using Java, Junit, TestNG and Python.
* Design, develop and maintain the test framework to test Hadoop echo system.
* Execute test cases, analyze and reporting test results to product teams.
* Design and develop test plan for test cases based on functional and design specifications.
* Actively participate in functional, system, regression and performance testing activities.
* Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug, and resolve issues.
* Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review
* Collaborate with peer engineers, developers, and architects to solve complex problems.
* Work with development managers to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Product development or API testing using Java/ Python OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience in in Product development or API testing using Java/Python OR PhD with 3 years of experience in Product development or API testing using Java/Python
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel roughly 15% of the time
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Expertise in developing API test cases using Junit / TestNG /Python
* Knowledge of UNIX and Shell Scripting
* Knowledge of testing distributed systems/ Hadoop related technologies
* Experience in testing Hadoop related technologies
* Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
* Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
* Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management, and support staff
* Deep understanding of large, complex, software systems to help isolate and reproduce defects, and assess risk
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
* Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.