GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or full feature set for large scale Predix-based custom software application. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. He or she contributes to quality engineering discussions.
* Lead Quality Assurance engineer for a large-scale custom software application
* Own quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
* Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Work closely with DevOps Engineer to integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
* Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
* Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
* Capture, consolidate and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
* Manually execute test cases as part of each project iteration cycle
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR the completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with a 4 year minimum of IT experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in software or application testing
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with Predix and Cloud Foundry
* Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
* Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
* Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
* Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
* Ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing) as needed.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Ability o takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
* Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
* Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.