Job: Software QA Engineering
Job Number: 163562
The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company.
This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
- Develop/Maintain automation scripts
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Analyze automation feasibility
- Devise the best automation approach
- Develop Proof of concept (POC)
- Develop/maintain automation framework
Creating clear automation approach document
- Follow the standards in development to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with functional/development as required
- Document software defects using bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Work with functional team, development team to ensure on time and quality delivery
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
Knowledge / Experience
- Understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Strong 8 plus years of experience in Automation using QTP/Selenium
- Strong knowledge on VB Script with minimum of 8 years of experience
- Must have worked on Database testing
- 2 plus years of experience in JAVA
- Strong knowledge on SQL with minimum of 4 years of hands on experience
- Basic knowledge on Unix and shell scripting
- Must have worked with SVN tool
- Web service testing and automation knowledge is preferred
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience in MVS
- Experience in Tandem
- Experience with tools like clear quest, ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki
Skills / Abilities
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools
- Strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and Able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field
- 8 or more years of experience on automation using QTP
- Strong MVS skills and coding skills
- General business knowledge of financial systems and EFT
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.