Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Reliability Engineer to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Staff Reliability Engineer will:
• Lead the Site Reliability journey.
• Lead reliability studies and analysis to conduct root cause/problem solving analysis of reliability problems on automated equipment.
• Determine, lead and execute action plans that will lead to improve reliability and performance/Overall Equipment Effective (OEE) of manufacturing equipment.
• Create/lead Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA), reliability hazard analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance, accelerated testing techniques, and application of statistical analysis.
• Translate relevant data/information into broadly understandable terms to convey risks and provide the means by which project trade off discussions and decisions may be made.
• Participate in design for reliability efforts and reviews.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of Process Excellence tools (Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing) and techniques to solve reliability opportunities.
• Evaluate and improve Preventive Maintenance program.
• Develop/improve Preventive Maintenance job plans through reliability methodology.
• Evaluate and improve spare part management and inventory.
• Identify and lead projects that deliver cost reduction of maintenance program.
• Evaluate technical skills (skills gap assessment) of Maintenance team (Electricians and Mechanics) and develop/execute training and development program.
• Perform/support troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment (high speed automation).
• Perform/execute process and equipment modifications and validations.
• The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in the manufacturing of Medical Devices is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of maintenance/reliability experience is required.
• Knowledge in Maintenance and Reliability programs and applicable tools required.
• Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Vision Systems, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), Robotics.
• Experience with automated equipment is required.
• Experience with design of equipment is preferred.
• Experience with packaging or sterilization processes preferred.
• Process validation experience is preferred.
• Mechanical and electrical skills preferred.
• Experience with technical documentation writing is required.
• Knowledge of Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is preferred.
• Knowledge of Quality Systems (e.g. CAPA, NCR) is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
• Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
• Knowledge of FDA, ISO and GMP regulatory requirements required.
• Knowledge of Process Excellence (Lean, Six Sigma) tools and methodologies preferred.
• Lean or Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
• Experience in mentoring/coaching is preferred.
• Experience with skills development/improvement programs for maintenance personnel is preferred.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, and results/performance driven.
• The ability to collaborate with all levels of management and influence decision-making in a cross-functional team environment is required.
• This position may require up to 10% travel (international and domestic).Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID