Consultant, Client Solutions - CPG Retail
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC), formerly Datalogix (DLX), aggregates, analyzes and activates consumer data (powered by both offline and online data) enabling marketers to connect to customers and prospects at all stages of the buying journey. While consumers are spending more time on digital devices, 90 percent of their purchases are made offline. Our solutions serve Retailers across digital and traditional channels, helping them connect online and offline worlds to better understand and engage shoppers.
Created out of the CPG vertical at ODC over the past several years, the CPG Retail vertical of ODC has created some of the industry's biggest advancements in digital targeting and measurement and is recognized as the industry standard for accuracy and accountability. We help Retailers succeed by analyzing their first party data and extracting insights that are actionable. We then connect their first party data to today's most relevant addressable media channels: direct mail, email, digital (display, social, video) and measure the effectiveness of that media channel.
The vertical is focused on serving CPG retailers across all channels: grocery, drug, mass, club and convenience stores. Solutions include segmentation, insights, targeting, media activation and measurement.
As a Consultant in one of the fastest-growing divisions of ODC, you will work alongside Client Partners (Sales), Product and Strategy teams to help CPG Retail advertisers and agencies understand how best to use data (1 st and 3 rd party) to solve their marketing challenges. The Solutions Consultant is a key position which requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. You will become a trusted advisor to the Solutions team and Client Partners by using ODC's audience, media and measurement solutions to help provide strategic media recommendations and by ensuring flawless execution and management of campaigns. It is important that you have a passion for learning, have a strong interest in advertising, marketing and digital media, and can thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and evolving environment. Ultimately, this role drives innovation at the client and campaign level, and cultivates key partnerships to deliver an optimal ODC experience and opportunities to the Client. This position will be based in CO, CT or NY.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partnering with Client Partners (Sales), Product & Strategy in representing DLX/ODC products to CPG Retail advertisers and agencies.
• Possessing detailed knowledge of DLX/ODC products and services and how they can be applied to support clients' marketing objectives:
• Manages day-to-day communications with key Account players (Clients, Agencies, Internal key team members)
• Consistently and swiftly providing Solutions Consultants, Client Partners and/or Clients with recommendations for audience targeting (offline or online), measurement and media based on specific marketing objectives.
• Becoming an expert in DLX/ODC internal tools, systems, and processes
• Actively monitors campaign performance for delivery and accuracy based on campaign specific goals and provides proactive Client communication around optimization opportunities and challenges
• Builds campaign performance reporting inclusive of aggregating information from additional media partners (social, etc.) to apprise Client of campaign progress
• Continue to strengthen understanding of the digital media ecosystem & CPG Retail industry through new learning opportunities that could enhance clients' program effectiveness
• Supporting Solutions team in executing tasks associated with the following:
o Ensuring campaigns are entered and updated accurately into DLX campaign management system including activation paperwork, campaign details, etc.
o Managing timelines and other details to ensure seamless campaign planning and execution
o Target audience builds and delivery to media partners
• Translating Client audience language into actionable and accurate work flows internally
o Campaign tracking in partnership with Campaign Manager
o Monitors and creates Client deliverable for weekly reporting
o Collecting elements needed to kick off campaign measurement
o Helping track financial discrepancies through monthly revenue recognition process
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2 years of relevant industry experience a plus
• Interest and familiarity in digital advertising, data-driven marketing, measurement analytics, and working with agencies, CPG/CPG Retail advertisers, and digital media providers
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills is a must
• Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to self-motivate, work in teams and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
• Problem solver with the ability to develop creative and resourceful solutions
• Experience with or strong interest in client service
• BA/BS degree required
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Staff Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate Oracle product*s strengths, features, benefits, and competitive advantages. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.3 - 5 years business experience preferred; vendor experience also preferred. 3 years relevant computer applications or database/tools preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Knowledge of system and application design preferred. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.